Categories

Additional

Website Language

Active date

“He has been offered” – Romano provides update on Arsenal’s link with ‘quality’ £45m-rated man

Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta during the UEFA Europa League Group B stage match between Dundalk FC and Arsenal FC at Aviva Stadium on December 10, 2020 in Dublin, Ireland. (Photo by Stuart MacFarlane/Arsenal FC via Getty Images)

Image source: Stuart MacFarlane/Arsenal FC/Getty Images

Fabrizio Romano has ruled out Arsenal making a move for Inter Milan midfielder Christian Eriksen in his Here We Go podcast. Since moving to Inter from Tottenham Hotspur in what was a £24.3 million deal back in January, Eriksen has gone on to feature 38 times for the Serie A side.

However, so far this season, the £45 million-rated 28-year-old has started just four league games for Antonio Conte’s side. As a result of his lack of game time and generally poor performances, it has been reported that Inter would be prepared to let the Denmark international leave the club in the January transfer window.

However, according to Romano, the midfielder will not be making a return to north London in the form of a move to Arsenal – as had been suggested in reports.

He said: “He has been offered to Arsenal, but we always said that he’s not the first choice for Arsenal. So, let’s see what Arsenal will do for their first choice – if it will be [Houssem] Aouar or another player – but at the moment, Eriksen is not the first one.

“But I always say pay attention to this player and don’t exclude this player for any top club, just because when a quality player like Eriksen is not playing, you have to pay attention because until the last day, everything can happen. But, at the moment, Arsenal not are not moving for Eriksen and he is not the first option; he has been offered.”

*Join us on Telegram!

Petr Cech sends extensive message to Arsenal over head coach Mikel Arteta