Image source: Sky Sports
Andy Ruiz Jr revealed confirmation of his rematch with Anthony Joshua is being held up by a disagreement over the location of the second fight.
2012 Olympic Gold Medalist and former IBF, WBO, and IBO heavyweight-boxing champion Joshua was knocked out in the seventh round at Madison Square Garden Saturday night by massive betting odds underdog Ruiz Jr. And few days after the match, Joshua activated a rematch clause.
Matchroom boss Eddie Hearn has repeatedly said there is no cause for concern and Ruiz Jr claimed a stalemate had been caused by his wish to fight again in New York.
“We’re still in negotiations, they [are] trying to make us go over there,” Ruiz said on Fox Sports.
“We are trying to get it back here in New York. I’d be more comfortable here. Me and him (Deontay Wilder) we’re in the same team, I just got to beat Anthony Joshua and then we’ll move onto the next.”