Chelsea can sign players in January after having their FIFA transfer ban reduced following an appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport, it has been announced on Friday.
FIFA handed down a two-window transfer ban to Chelsea in February of this year after football’s world governing body found the club guilty of breaching two of its regulations on player transfers, specifically regarding bringing in U18s and ‘third-party influence’.
The Blues have been cleared to give Frank Lampard access to a £150million transfer budget to strengthen his squad in January.
During the last few months there have been speculations surrounding the Blues.
Earlier this month, Chelsea boss Lampard suggested that he is already planning for a busy January.
“At Chelsea, we will always look to improve in windows, if we’re allowed to, and if the players we might look at are better or we feel are adding to the squad. Of course, I’m interested because it’s obviously going to affect potentially what we can do in January or not,” he said.
The Blues would like to sign Central Defender, Left beck, winger and striker.
Chelsea are considering recalling defender Jake Clarke-Salter, according to The Independent.
The report claims several Championship clubs are interested in signing the talented 22-year-old.
Clarke-Salter has impressed during his loan spell with Birmingham as he made six apperances and scored a goal during Saturday’s 1-1 draw with Millwall.
Chelsea has a clause to recall the defender in January and is seriously considering bringing him back to Stamford Bridge when the January window opens.
The Blues are also interested in CSKA Moscow striker Fedor Chalov.
Here are top 5 players in Chelsea’s wishlist for the January transfer window.
Chelsea have reportedly put Borussia Dortmund star Jadon Sancho at the top of their wish-list. The 19-year-old has been a revelation in the Bundesliga since his move from Manchester City in 2017. Last season he scored 12 league goals and gained the attention from England boss Gareth Southgate.
Sancho has since become a regular in the international set-up, making a total of 10 appearances with his first England goals coming in the 5-3 win over Kosovo in September.
Chelsea could face a battle for Sancho, from Manchester United and Real Madrid.
As reported by the Daily Mail, Blues are ready to spend £100 m and break club record to sign England international.
Chelsea also believes Tammy Abraham’s and Callum Hudson-Odoi’s friendship with Sancho could be crucial while completing the deal.
Chilwell is among those as Lampard could try to bring in upgrades in defence. Chilwell has shone for Leicester and could be a superb signing to come in as an upgrade on the likes of Marcos Alonso and Emerson Palmieri.
However, the England international has also been linked with Manchester United. The Sun claims he won’t come cheap, with an asking price of around £50million.
Chelsea have entered the race for Lyon striker but he is also a target for Manchester United and was watched by a scout from the Old Trafford side on Saturday night as he scored at Toulouse.
Lyon might want to hold onto Dembele until the summer to maximize his value. Dembele was unhappy under former boss Sylvinho but is more likely to stay until the end of the season now that Rudi Garcia has arrived at the Groupama Stadium.
Ake has excelled at the Vitality Stadium since joining the club permanently in summer 2017, having previously impressed during a loan spell on the south coast. The centre-back was reportedly a transfer target for Manchester City and Chelsea.
However, Howe has dismissed the rumours and said Bournemouth have no intention of selling one of their prized assets.
Crystal Palace’s Wilfried Zaha is a high-priority target for the Blues. The Ivorian winger was heavily linked to both Arsenal and Everton but ended up remaining in South East London. Chelsea are believed to want to give Tammy Abraham some competition at the spearhead of their attack.
Zaha has scored two goals in his 11 Premier League games this season so far.