Categories

Additional

Website Language

Active date

Roger Federer fires warning to Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic ahead of French Open

Roger Federer signs autographs during the "Match in Africa" photoshoot at Grand Parade on February 7, 2019 in Cape Town, South Africa. (Photo by Ziyaad Douglas/Gallo Images/Getty Images)

Image source: Ziyaad Douglas/Gallo Images/Getty Images


Roger Federer has sent a warning to Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic that he plans to return to the very top. The Swiss continues his preparations ahead of the French Open. The 20-time Grand Slam winner spent over a year on the sidelines after undergoing knee surgery in March 2020.

“I will do everything, to get back to the top after my surgery and the long pause due to that,” Federer told Schweizer Familie magazine. “As long as I am happy and healthy I will continue to play. Now, before you even ask me for how long, I must tell you, I don’t know, honestly.”

Federer beat British No 1 Dan Evans in his first match back from injury in Doha but fell in the following round to Nikoloz Basilashvili.

“I’m happy I am back on the tour,” Federer said after the defeat. “I’m pleased I came here to Doha. So it’s really, really a positive return for me. I’m really happy. I come from so far away that I’m actually happy that I was able to play back-to-back three-set matches against top players. That’s an important step forward to me.”


Source: Express/ *Join us on Telegram!/ Follow us on Twitter!


Rafa Nadal: “I have a good relationship with Federer, Thiem and all Spaniards”