Image source: Premier League Official Website
Manchester United star Paul Pogba has denied that talks have been opened between his representatives and the club over a new contract. His deal expires at the end of the next campaign. Paul Pogba has denied that talks have been opened between his representatives and Manchester United over a new contract.
United opted to trigger a one-year extension in his contract last year but have not yet been able to tie their star midfielder down for longer. Reports on Thursday suggested that talks had been opened between United and Pogba’s team over an extension, but he has said that’s not the case.
“I have one year left on my contract, everyone knows that,” Pogba said in a press conference while on international duty, via RMC Sport. “There have been no concrete proposals for extensions. I’m still in Manchester.
“After the season there was the vacation, so I didn’t sit down with the managers and coach. I’m focused on the Euro.”
Juventus and Real Madrid have been the two ever-present sides interested in Pogba, but a return to France with Paris Saint-Germain has recently emerged as a potential option.
“Contacts with Paris? I have an agent that deals with all that. I don’t have Nasser [PSG president Al-Khelaifi]’s number. “My only thought, now, is the Euros. I’m focused. I’ve got more experience than before. I’m focused on the present, the Euros.”