Image source: Getty Images
Nick Kyrgios says US Open officials are ‘selfish’. The United States Tennis Association will hold the US Open without fans from August 31 to September 13.
However, some of the sport’s biggest names having expressed concerns about attending the tournament during the COVID-19 outbreak. Forbes said the men’s ATP Tour and the WTA, which runs the women’s circuit, were both expected to approve a plan for the event.
“Smh – people that live in the US of course are pushing the Open to go ahead. Selfish’ I’ll get my hazmat suit ready for when I travel from Australia and then have to quarantine for 2 weeks on my return,” Kyrgios tweeted on Tuesday.
Kyrgios has previously said he wouldn’t contest a grand slam that restricted fans from attending.