Written by

Hripsime Hayrapetyan

15-01-2020 | 19:08 Football

Manchester City react to Pep Guardiola key transfer decision

Manchester City fans have reacted negatively to the club boss Pep Guardiola's decision of not signing a new defender during the January transfer window. Though the Citizens' new year was full of victories, the club has started a less successful season, sitting on the 2nd place of the Premier League table with a 14 point gap from the leaders Liverpool. City enjoy their wins due to the attacking side. They have scored more goals this season, than Liverpool, Leicester, Sheffield United, Crystal Palace and Manchester United. However, the Blues' defence has suffered a lot, following Vincent Kompany's quit and injuries of Aymeric Laporte, John Stones and Nicolas Otamendi. It led the club manager adapt midfielders Fernandinho and Rodri in the defence, as well as call on teenagers Eric Garcia and Taylor Harwood-Bellis from time to time. Although Otemndi and Stones are already fit for the game, and Laporte came back to full training, City still need other defensive options for the January transfer window. Many players, including Kalidou Koulibaly, Nathan Ake, Pau Torres, Caglar Soyuncu, have been linked with a possible move to Etihad. However, none of them will join the Citizens. MEN Sport City fans: "Do you agree with Man City's stance on not signing a new centre-back in January?" 55 per cent of the supporters didn't agree Pep Guardiola's decision of not signing new defensive options, considering it may affect the Champions League results. The remaining 45 per cent believe Laporte's return and Garcia's and Harwood-Bellis' contribution to the game would be enough for the club's fortunate season.
Source: MEN

Michael Owen makes Manchester United vs Wolves prediction for FA Cup replay

Related News


England, Premier League