Daily Archives: April 14, 2017
Mourinho wants to sign Napoli stiker
Jose Mourinho wants to sign Napoli attacker Dries Mertens, according to Gazzetta dello Sport. The Italian newspaper claims Mertens, who is under contract until 2018, has not opened talks with Napoli regarding an extension. Manchester United have reportedly sent scouts to the club to watch the Belgium international. Note that Mertens has made 39 appearances during this season, scoring 26 goals.
Guardiola admits he has no settled No1
Manchester City head coach Pep Guardiola admits he has no settled No1. Both City keepers, Willy Caballero and Claudio Bravo, are competing for Guardiola's selection. “Every week I will decide who will be in goal for each game," said Guardiola. “Last week I decided for Claudio, and for this Saturday I will also decide. “It matters on whether the opponent does a lot of high pressing or not, the way the opponents play as well, and what I see in the training sessions. It's a decision. I like both to be involved, and I am confident in both of them, so we will see."
Mourinho remains in the hunt for Neymar
Manchester United head coach Jose Mourinho remains in the hunt for Barcelona star Neymar. According to Don Balon, the 54-year-old specialist has kept good friend Florentino Perez, the Real Madrid president, up-to-date on his plans to prise Neymar away from Barca this summer. And Madrid sources claim the Red Devils manager is growing confident of pulling off the transfer coup. Mourinho is in regular contact with Neymar's father, who has never shut the door on United being their next destination. And all the while, during these past months, Perez has enjoyed a front row seat thanks to his good relationship with Mourinho.
Torres urges teammate Griezmann to stay
Fernando Torres is urging Atletico Madrid teammate Antoine Griezmann to resist a move to Manchester United. The Red Devils are favourites to land the Frenchman this summer. "You can go to many other places in the world and they cannot offer what Atletico can offer you right now," Torres told Football Focus. "Competing in the league, competing in the Champions League, one of the most respected teams in Europe. There is no reason to leave. Where are you going to go to improve what you have in Atletico? Not many places in the world. I hope he can stay with us forever. We were in the Champions League final, he played in the Euro final with France, so I think he realises how difficult it is to become champion, but he is right there.
Lionel Messi wants five signings this summer
Lionel Messi has told Barcelona he wants the club to make five signings this summer, according to Spanish outlet Don Balon. They include Arsenal right-back Hector Bellerin and Liverpool playmaker Philippe Coutinho, along with Marco Verratti of PSG and Monaco's Bernardo Silva. The latter's club team-mate Kylian Mbappe is also thought to be the favoured attacking option with one of Borussia Dortmund's Ousmane Dembele or Vinicius Junior of Flamengo also on the list.
Mata to miss rest of season
Manchester United midfielder Juan Mata will not be able to recover from injury till the end of the current season, the team manager Jose Mourinho confirms. While asked to tell the recovery date of the Spain international, the MU head coach stated: "End of May. And Phil Jones and Chris Smalling, mid-May." Let's recall that Juan Mata has undergone a surgery after picking up groin injury. The 28-year-old has played in 38 games in all competitions of the current season, having scored 10 goals and assisted six. For details about Mata's injury, follow the link attached below. http://www.vbetnews.com/mata-sidelined-for-undefined-period
Spalletti refuses to comment on his future
Roma manager Luciano Spalletti refused to comment on his plans about the possible contract extension. “What are you referring to when you talk about my future?” Spalletti told a reporter during his press conference. “My contract is not an Easter egg, it’s still open to evaluation about the way we work, because mathematically we can still finish our journey in the best way. “There’s an opening in that sense, we’ll see in the future," the Italian manager added. Luciano Spalletti's current contract with Roma expires by the end of the season. He has been previously linked to Juventus and Inter moves, however, no official announcement has been made yet.
Enrique: Fans are p*ssed off and it’s normal
Barcelona manager Luis Enrique asked the fans to support the players ahead of the final games of the season, including UCL quarterfinals second-leg against Juventus. "It's obvious that I'm most responsible," Enrique told his press conference ahead of the Saturday home clash against Real Sociedad. "It's my mistake. I get angry when objectives are not achieved. The maximum responsibility for each defeat always lies with the coach. "It's normal for the fans to be p***** off. The idea is that we have to win. "I know it'll be a delicate moment for the players. I want them to encourage all the players," the manager finalized. Barcelona has lost two consecutive games, including the La Liga match against Malaga (2-0) and UCL first-leg quarterfinal against Juventus (3-0). The team failed to score in both of the clashes.
Bartra on Borussia Dortmund bus explosion
Borussia Dortmund defender Marc Bartra shared his experience and emotions about the explosion on the team bus, as a result of which he got injured. "The pain, the panic and the uncertainty of not knowing what was going on, or how long it would last ... were the longest and hardest 15 minutes of my life," the defender wrote in his Instagram post caption. "I think that the shock is decreasing more and more and, at the same time, it adds to the desire to live, to fight, to work, to laugh, to cry, to feel, to love, to believe, to play, to train, to continue to enjoy my people, loved ones, companions, my passion, to defend, to smell the grass as I do before the game starts and motivate me. "The only thing I ask is for everyone to live in peace and to leave behind the wars," the player continued. Hoy he vuelto a recibir en el hospital la visita que más feliz me hace. Ellas son mi todo, la razón por la que lucho para superar siempre los obstáculos y este ha sido el peor de mi vida, una experiencia que no desearía a nadie en este mundo. El dolor, el pánico y la incerteza de no saber lo que estaba pasando, ni cuánto tiempo duraría... fueron los 15 minutos más largos y duros de mi vida. A todo esto os quiero decir, que creo que el shock de estos días va disminuyendo cada vez más y a la vez se suman las ganas de vivir, de luchar, de trabajar, de reír, de llorar, de sentir, de querer, de creer, de jugar, de entrenar, de seguir disfrutando de mi gente, seres queridos, compañeros, de mi pasión, de defender, de oler el césped como hago antes de que empiece el partido y motivarme. De ver las gradas llenas de personas que aman nuestra profesión, gente buena que sólo quiere que le hagamos sentir emociones para olvidarse del mundo y sobre todo de este mundo en el que vivimos, cada vez más loco. Lo único que pido, LO ÚNICO, es que vivamos TODOS en paz y dejemos atrás las guerras. Estos días cuando me miro la muñeca, hinchada y malherida, sabéis qué siento? Orgullo. La miro orgulloso pensando en que todo el daño que querían hacernos el martes, se quedó en esto. Gracias a los doctores, enfermeras, fisioterapeutas y personas que me ayudan a recuperar y que la muñeca quede perfecta. A las miles y miles de personas, medios, organizaciones de todo tipo, el BVB y compañeros, que me habéis hecho llegar vuestro apoyo y cariño. Por pequeño que sea, me ha llenado increíblemente de fuerzas para seguir SIEMPRE adelante. Necesitaba escribir y desahogarme y así zanjar todo para ya solo pensar en ponerme al 100% lo más pronto posible! Un saludo muy grande! Marc 💛 A post shared by Marc Bartra (@marcbartra) on Apr 14, 2017 at 3:38am PDT "Thanks to the doctors, nurses, physiotherapists and people who helped me recover. "To the thousands and thousands of people, media, organisations of all kinds, the club and colleagues, who have given me your support and affection - as small as it may be - has filled me with incredible strength to continue on and on. "I needed to write and unburden myself and to settle everything so I can just think about getting 100 per cent as soon as possible," the player finalized.
Bale sidelined for Sporting Gijon match
Real Madrid winger Gareth Bale will miss the Saturday clash against Sporting Gijon, AS informs. According to the source, the player has muscular problems and will not be able to feature as soon as this weekend. Moreover, Zinedine Zidane's decision to substitute Gareth Bale with Asensio in Bayern Munich clash on Wednesday was a precautionary measure. The Wales international will reportedly be fit for UEFA Champions League quarterfinals second leg against Bayern Munich, which will take place at Santiago Bernabeu on Tuesday, April 18. Central defenders Pepe and Raphael Varane are also listed among the sidelined players. Gareth Bale has played in 25 games in all competitions of the current season, having scored nine goals and assisted five.